Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happiest Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday. I'm 48 years old.

Today is also the Feast of St. John of the Cross, my hero in Carmel.

As we say down here, "We po'fokes". I told Assistant Offspring to save their money and not get anything for me. What they did for me has made me giggle all afternoon. They bought a card, and baked a small chocolate cake.


The cake is amazing. Here it is with my halite lamp behind it, sitting on a coverlet that's more than 100 years old. It was made completely by Mary Alice Fisher. She was my maternal great-grandmother. Keeps me warm of a night.







Only one candle but it looks like it's on fire... :)



But the card took the cake. Open it, and it plays--The Hampster Dance.

I screamed. We all sang at the tops of our lungs. I love Hampsterdance. And Assistant Offspring knew and had bought this card a while back and saved it for me.

Microwaved birthday cake and a Hampsterdance card. And love, so much love.

Have I ever had such a wonderful birthday? If so, it was nearly 30 years ago...

I love you all.

Hampsters and the Kung-Fu Gerbil battle it out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be read by a contributor to The Carmelite's Habit before a decision will be made about publishing it. Thanks for reading!