Saturday, August 16, 2008

Full-moon mead, or "Primarily, you can never be too clean or too oxygenated."

Wanna know how much better crystals and Donna Eden's energy exercises have made me feel?

Look what I did today!

Two batches of mead, made today on the full moon so that the yeast would be as active and healthy as possible. This is enough to last me for an entire year at the slow rate I drink it.

The one on the left has a whole orange cut into eighths and the one on the right is just the zest of an orange removed with a vegetable peeler and the orange supremes. And juice from said dissecting of oranges.

The one on the left has whole cloves, a whole allspice, a cinnamon stick, and a chunk of whole nutmeg. The one on the right has all that plus 1/3 of a vanilla bean.

Ooooo what a fine meading time will be had by all come Christmas!

My mother crocheted that tablecloth. I'd love to do a whole special on my mother's crochet work and quilts. They're amazing, to me at least.

One down side to the full moon is that without fail, I get a migraine. Right now, migraine aura lights are flashing like camera bulbs in my field of vision. I've got a dull ache that will only escalate unless I do something.

Here is a poem I wrote last April before my father died in May. Nothing special about this one. XD

This is What Life's Meant to Be

Beloved:
Migraine’s blowing up my head,
Throwing up inside the bed,
Daddy’s dying way downstairs,
Migraine does not give a care.

I have Job’s friends for my own,
Never miss a zinger known.
They’re impatient for my doom,
Eying things inside my room.

I can’t even reach a drink,
Medicine’s beside the sink,
No more covers on the bed,
Now my face is turning red.

“May I take your picture dear?”
Can’t believe that’s what I hear,
Mother wants the world to see,
What her daughter’s come to be.

No more reason left to live,
No more love in me to give,
Let me die, just let me be
This is what life’s meant to be.

Lover:
Darling, Daddy’s very old,
He’s got cancer, truth be told,
I will change your bedclothes now,
See? Bed’s all fresh from stern to bow.

You have ditched your evil friend,
Water’s gone around the bend,
Here’s a glass of nice cool drink,
Will you need an ice pack, think?

Here’s your medicine and mask,
Closed the blinds before you asked,
By the way, the mail is here,
Disability’s been cleared.

Soon I’ll lay you down with me,
Then we’ll see what love can be,
Close your eyes and smile for me,
This is what life’s meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be read by a contributor to The Carmelite's Habit before a decision will be made about publishing it. Thanks for reading!